Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cheater cheater never beater..


I am asked quite often about "cheat days" or if I "cheat" on my diet. First of all, this is NOT a diet; you will NEVER hear me say that I'm on a diet! ALL DIETS FAIL. FACT. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

The answer to whether or not I "cheat" is no. I don't "cheat". If I were to call it cheating I would automatically go into "feel guilty" mode. The goal here is to not feel guilty about anything, but to feel proud and empowered by your ability to change your life.

If you want a bowl of ice cream, have a bowl, but watch your serving size, make sure you have gotten your workout in for the day and make sure you have enough calories within your caloric allowance/point allowance for the day. That is the key. Believe me. Please. Wine or a good microbrew beer are my treats. If you deprive yourself of treats that you love, you will end up eating WAY TOO MUCH of that treat and you'll lose control. I've said it before, but if you deprive yourself you will say "well, I screwed up today, so I'll just start over tomorrow. Oh wait, tomorrow is the football game...ahhh heck! I'll just start over on MONDAY!" Wrong approach. Have you done this before? I sure have...until I got it in my mind that this is a lifestyle change. Until I got it in my mind that I am doing this for my son, for my health and for my happiness. Until I saw that scale fall every week:)

You should all be counting your calories by now...riiighhhttt?? If you're not counting your calories are you counting "points" for WW? If you haven't taken the step to watching what your eating and watching portions, my first question is why? My second question is are you at least exercising?

Have you considered getting a friend to exercise with? Having a friend to hold you accountable to your exercise can be a great motivator. You can also encourage each other and "push" each other to work harder during your workouts. On days that you reallyyy do not feel like working out, calling on that workout buddy will help you put things back in perspective.

Perhaps your spouse will be your workout buddy? Not to mention it makes it a heck of a lot easier to prepare your meals if you are all on the same page and on the same path to wellness.

Sometimes though, there is nothing like a great, mind cleansing, sweat your ass off all...by...yourself...workout...ahhhhhh. Exercise releases endorphins; those wheeeeeeeee I'm happy hormones. Get moving and be happy. Who doesn't want to be happy right?! Whichever you choose; to have a workout buddy or to be your own workout buddy, make sure you choose someone who will be a support and someone who you can be a support to as well.

With that said, how many people have been considering purchasing P90X, Insanity or any of the Beachbody home workout videos? I am telling you right now, you will NOT be disappointed! These workouts are not your Jazzercise leg warmer and spandex workouts! They are unbelievable, bring you to your knees, extreme calorie burning, effective and time efficient workouts. TOTALLY worth the money! I am considering becoming a Beachbody Coach, so I would have my own website where you could purchase any of the Beachbody DVD's and Shakeology. Before I sign up though, I wanted to get an idea of if there was anyone considering making the best home fitness purchase you could make. Message me or comment. I'd love to hear from you!

I'll start posting my meals again next week. I've been right on track all week, but I honestly end up eating very similar things every day and I don't want to bore you. Insanity workouts are going great and I can't wait for tomorrow to have a rest day:) I had a "treat" beer last night and I will probably have one (or two) tomorrow; all within my calories though!

Quote of the day: "Success rests not only on ability, but upon commitment, loyalty, and pride." - Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment