Thursday, February 2, 2012

Steady SUCCESS!! Excited...

So, yesterday I had a weigh-in. The weigh in was for people at work that finished the 45 day challenge from before the holidays. This challenge was to see who kept it off and may have lost even more than they had when the competition ended.

Here are my results for which I was very excited (and proud).

On October 19th I was 163.8 pounds. I weighed in at 146.8 pounds yesterday for a total weight loss of 17 pounds! :) Since October 19th I have lost a total of 20.25 inches overall!!!! I am now about 7-10 pounds away from my goal! The breakdown is as follows:

~Chest: Lost 1.5" GREAAATTTT so my boobs got smaller than they already were. Wonderful! (Sense my sarcasm.) The prices we pay to be healthy! :)

~Abdominal (Belly): Lost 4.25"

~Hips: Lost 4.25"

~Waist: Lost 3"

~Left thigh: Lost 2.5"

~Right thigh: Lost 2"

~Left Calf: Lost .25"

~Right Calf: Lost .5"

~Right bicep: Lost .75"

~Left bicep: Lost 1"

~Right forearm: Lost .25"

~Left forearm: Lost nothing...I have been blessed with tiny forearms, so I'm okay with this :)

While these results are good and I am pleased, it's funny because I always expect more from myself. I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing because it keeps me motivated, but some people think I'm too hard on myself. I'm still learning how to accept compliments and that (I'm afraid) will be a lifelong challenge.

With that said though, I am very proud and seeing these results only motivates me more to keep up the counting of the calories and the exercise. I can not even tell you how much more energized I feel. I'm sleeping better. I have more energy. My mood has improved (most of the time ha ha ha). My clothes are loose. My cholesterol numbers are down. The list goes on.

For anyone who says that "counting calories does not work" or "counting calories is too much work" just look at my results. I don't typically like to toot my horn and anyone who has tried to tell me that I look good will know that I always reply by saying, "nooooo, thank you BUT I still have a long way to go". I will say though that my hard work is paying off and yes counting calories is hard and not fun at times (well ever), but IT WORKS!

I hope you're keeping on keeping on. I hope you have taken the steps to continue with your fitness journey. The rewards are far more numerous than you can ever imagine!

Quotes of the day:

"Strive for progress, not perfection." -Unknown
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2 comments:

  1. Great work! You must be thrilled! I think of your discipline often while eating, cooking and running. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I am thrilled, but there is always more I can do to be better ;) See...hard for me to just take a compliment! You look great!!

      Delete