Tuesday, September 4, 2012

MS vs. Ultimate Reset...which will win...I already know the answer!

Well after today's Neurology appointment, it was made clear that now is the best time for me to start the Ultimate Reset.  I've been toying with the Reset for quite some time now. I was not interested in it at first to be quite honest.  I'm not into cleanses as most of them out on the market are dangerous and unhealthy...most...not all. When you think "cleanse" you probably think that you'd be drinking prune juice or not eating for a predetermined amount of time. THIS is NOT like that!!

The Reset is different. It is not a fast. You eat 3 meals a day for 21 days. You're not starving yourself. You teach yourself what your body truly needs. No caffeine. No alcohol. Some weeks there is no meat or dairy. You also take natural supplements and you drink tons of good 'ole H2O; please see previous post to know how big of a deal this is for me.

During the first week I will begin to alter my diet and slowly remove foods like red meat and dairy that put stress on my digestive system and tilt my body toward an acidic state. I will be re-hydrating my body and will reactivate sluggish cell function.  This phase is called the "reclaim" phase. 

During the second phase, the "release" phase I will continue to refine my diet. I will not be eating animal proteins and dairy. I will be eating vegetarian meals that really do look pretty tasty. (Did I mention that the Reset comes with recipes oh and a complete grocery list...they make it very simple to follow.)  I will start to detox in week 2 which will restore optimum health to my gastrointestinal system.  (I am very interested in this as they do link MS to something funky going on in the gut...do you like that technical description ha ha ha!)

The third and final phase is the "restore" phase and I'll be cutting way back on grains and consuming mainly fruits and vegetables. The foods are pure. They are what your body was intended to ingest.

During this process I will not be doing ANY strenuous exercise which (for me) is going to be seriously difficult!  Internally my body is going to be working hard on resetting itself and I must allow my nervous system to remain in a relaxed state while it is cleansing and releasing toxins.  Instead I will do something that I haven't done in a VERY long time; something that I desperately need. I will do daily breathing, daily stretching and daily walking exercises. It has been a long time since I've focused on my internal health. 

Many people who have done this Reset have said that it is a very emotional time for them because it allows them the opportunity to stop and focus. It is hard. It will take a lot of dedication, but I am truely looking forward to it.

Like I said at the beginning of this blog post, I had a Neurology appointment today to simply follow up on my MRI's.  It was clear from those MRI's that I am "lucky" according to the doctor.  There are some people with MS who have only a couple lesions who have horrible symptoms. There are others with MS that have a lot of lesions (like myself) and have horrible symptoms. BUT I don't!  I often wonder why God has spared me from horrible symptoms. Is it to inspire? I don't know. Who knows why besides God, but I DO know that I am not going to sit around and wait for it to get worse. I want to live each day to His glory and show Him that I am thankful for the opportunity he has given me to be healthy, to be an inspiration to my friends and family and to be the best mom and wife I can possibly be and that includes being healthy!

I have a sneaky suspicion that I will "become one" with my MS during this process and really grow deeper in my faith. Ever hear of emotional eating? Ever been there? I have. Instead of turning to food or even a glass of wine when I feel I need it, I will have to turn within to fight the emotions...tough thing to do right, but it's within all of us to be able to do something like this.

Here is a sample of what I will be eating starting 9/10/12:

Breakfast: 2 slices whole grain toast, 2 scrambled eggs (using just 1/2 tsp. of olive oil), and a generous portion of steamed kale or spinach.

Lunch: Microgreen Salad and 1 serving of home made dressing  
Dinner: 1 serving baked salmon, 1 cup steamed asparagus with lemon and 3/4 cup boiled baby potatoes

In between meals natural supplements are taken and (as mentioned) lots of water is consumed.


I am doing the Ultimate Reset for me. And in doing so, I know that my renewed health and greater well-being will benefit all those around me.

Stay tuned for more info in the days to come...interested in joining me?? www.myultimatereset.com/gettingitback4  Stay tuned for before pics too!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment