Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Prework

So, the Ultimate Reset starts in 3 short days!  I'm excited, nervous and anxious!  I'm even more excited because (coincidentally) my church is having a fast for the first week of the Reset.  People will be giving something up during that week and really focusing on their relationships with God in place of those things that they give up.  It is phenomenal the way these two things (the reset and the fast) have aligned for me personally.

So, part of my prework is to document me "now".  If you ever decide to do the Reset these are questions you would document in your book. At the end of the 21 days, you look back and record how you feel at the end and compare the two. I have filled in some of the answers here and all of them are documented in my book. So...

This is me now:

~How would you rate or describe your overall health? I would give my overall health a 7 a scale of 1-10. I take good care of myself on the fitness scale and I try to eat as best I can. Where I fall is not enough water and too much caffeine/my glass of wine with dinner at night. Oh and my uncontrollable urge to eat the whole bag of Cape Cod potato chips!

~Do you currently have digestive problems/issues? If yes, what are they?

~How often do you have a bowel movement?

~Are you able to have a complete and satisfying elimination?

~Are your bowels often constipated? If so, how long has this been going on?

~Do you have a history of digestive problems? (Bloating, diarrhea, gas, stomach pain, constipation, etc...) ......

~How would you rate your overall energy levels, 5 being optimal?  Answer: 3 in the morning, 3 mid-day and 3 at night. I'm pretty even keel all day long. My energy levels have certainly increased over the past year since I've been working out and losing weight and they increased more when I started drinking Shakeology, but I do have a "lethargic" feel and heavy eyes throughout most of the day even if I sleep well. I've just attributed it to the lethargy that comes with my diagnosis, so I don't think much of it.

~Do you rely on stimulants, such as caffeine or sugar, to get you through your day? Yes, coffee and lifesavers (does that count as sugar)?

~Do you sleep well? I sleep like a rock for at least 7 hours a night and sometimes 8

~Do you wake feeling rested? Ehhhhh sometimes.

~How is your complexion? Better than it was when I was a teenager:)

~Do you often have headaches? When I look at my computer screen too long or go without caffeine too long...maybe 1 a day.

~Does your breathing feel shallow or constricted? No

~Do you feel mentally clear and alert? Depends on the day and what is going on.

~What made you decide to do the ultimate reset at this time/what would you like to gain from the experience? I would like to learn healthier ways of preparing meals, gain an appreciation for water and gain an appreciation for myself and all I can accomplish. Sounds silly, but I truly believe that by doing this I will grow in my faith as well and be happier overall. Don't get me wrong, I am happy, but I do let life's stresses get me down a little too much.

~What habits do you feel are causing your current decline? Not drinking enough water and not taking time to relax and reflect.

So there it is...the start of something BIG in my life! Finishing up shopping tomorrow:)
www.myultimatereset.com/gettingitback4


No comments:

Post a Comment