Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Some clarification... :)

Hi Everyone! I have received a few emails and I love them so keep them coming!! I just want to be sure I clarify a few things if that's okay with you. :)

There are many workouts out there that are crazy intense. If you know the difference between pushing yourself to your limits and NOT putting yourself in harms way of injury then, yes, these types of workouts are a great option for you (Insanity being one of them). If you do not know your limitations and you can't tell the difference between pain and natural exercise induced muscle fatigue then do not even try these workouts....yet...

Some workouts are not for people who don't know proper form or how to at least modify moves to meet them where they are physically. I will tell you honestly that I can't do some of the plyometric moves (jumps) and some other moves in this workout series, but I improvise and modify; I never stop moving. DO NOT be ashamed if you have to modify. DO NOT quit if you have to modify moves.

Whether you are doing Insanity, Jillian Michaels DVD's, P90X, etc...one day you WILL be able to do the moves, but not if you blow out a knee of slip a disc in the process. So what if you move slower than the people on the DVD; at least you're moving faster than the people on the couch :)!! (And as always...you should consult with a physician before starting any exercise program.) The bottom line is that I wouldn't want to see you injure yourself.

Lost on where to start? I highly recommend talking to a certified personal trainer. Even if it's just for a few visits; at least they will be able to show you proper form. If that is not an option for you, there are some great at home DVD's (such as Jillian Michaels) where she shows you proper form and you get a great workout. (Any Target has them!)

As always, I hope you are all doing well :)

Quote of the day: "Our bodies are our gardens - our wills are our gardeners." ~William Shakespeare~

No comments:

Post a Comment