Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 1 SUCCESS & I feel like I'm FLOATING!

DAY 1 is complete and I'm happy that I am 1 day closer to the end:)

To the left you will see my breakfast.  Breakfast today consisted of 2 slices of whole grain bread (plain), steamed spinach (plain) and 2 scrambled eggs with 1/4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.  I ate the spinach first to get it over with and took my time with the eggs and bread.

Prior to breakfast I drank 32 ounces of water! I'm not joking when I say that this is more water than I probably drank all weekend. Naughty I know, but true.

During your Reset, it is encouraged to drink an 8- to 12-oz. glass of water 5 to 10 minutes BEFORE your meals, instead of drinking during meals. Drinking liquid while you eat tends to dilute digestive juices and acids, which slows down your digestion considerably. When food takes too long to go through your system, it can cause digestive problems, like fermentation and putrefaction in your colon. Since a main purpose of the Ultimate Reset is to release toxicity and cleanse your colon, you don't want to clog it up.

As put on the Ultimate Reset page, "drinking water prior to a meal curbs your appetite and dulls hunger pangs. Water also prepares, opens, cleans, and lubricates the digestive tract, getting your body primed and ready for the food to come."

With this said, while giving my food some extra chewing to make sure it went down b/c I couldn't have water while eating, I noticed something about myself...I don't finish chewing my food, but I have a forkful of more food on it's way in before I swallow the first bite. This is mainly because I am always in a huge hurry and I never really enjoy what I'm eating. When I realized this I made a conscious effort to chew extra long and swallow before I ate more. This sounds so silly, but at the same time I wonder how many of us do this. By making this small change, not only will I now be able to digest my food better, but I will feel full sooner because I'm taking my time when eating instead of rushing through my meals. BIG lesson learned on day 1 of the Reset.

I was VERY tempted to grab a coffee because it was literally sitting outside of my cubicle in the form of a DD Box of Jo!  I resisted the temptation and kept in mind the reasons why I am doing this. (See previous post for those "whys").

I also resisted the urge (ohhhh about 15 times) to grab a Lifesaver off of my coworkers desk. This is something I typically allow myself to do 4 times during the day, but no mints allowed on the Reset. All I wanted was something minty (and some coffee)!!!  Guess I'll bring my toothbrush to work tomorrow to get my minty fix.

Oh and is it weird that I applied my vanilla lip gloss about 84 times today JUST to get the sweet, delicious taste of vanilla LOL??!!

A few things are for certain:

1) This is going to be HARD, yet so REWARDING
2) I am definitely going to see and FEEL the results at the end
3) I am going to severely miss coffee
4) This is going to teach me new cooking techniques and recipes that I will definitely continue to use after the Reset is over.
5) I will have VERY clean teeth from getting the taste of Alkalize out of my mouth (this supplement helps to bring your body back into a healthy pH balance for improved immunity, but it tastes like grass...strong grass.)
6) I am going to have extra time on my hands because I don't have to exercise for these 21 days (just short walks and yoga) and with that extra time I am going to read the book of Job and spend more quality time with Nicholas at night before he goes to bed..LOVE that boy!!

Oh and here was the most AMAZING dinner! Now I'm finishing my last bit of my gallon of H2O and I do feel like I'm floating!

No comments:

Post a Comment